Healthcare – Diagnostic Substances Manufacturer
For over 25 years, Partners’ personnel have provided auditing / assessment and environmental compliance management support for a major manufacture of in-vitro diagnostic substances. Services have included:
- Third-party compliance assessments at sites in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Florida, including prioritization of action items and systematic follow-up as needed.
- Preparation of annual reports including SARA Tier II and Form R Reports, Air Emission Statements, Hazardous Waste Generator Reports, Pollution Prevention Progress Reports and Medical Waste Generator Reports.
- Preparation and revision of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Universal Waste Management Programs, SPCC Plans and RCRA Contingency Plans.
- Management of special projects to manage and minimize hazardous waste generation, including elementary neutralization of acidic wastewaters.
- On-site assistance during staffing transitions, managing day-to-day environmental compliance concerns and assisting with integration of new staff.
- Preparation of air permit applications for process operations, boilers, emergency generators, and a 1.5 MW cogeneration turbine and waste heat boiler, and assisted with stack testing and NSPS compliance.
In a separate project, Partners’ personnel managed a series of EHS assessments / audits of key suppliers and external manufacturers. A tailored audit protocol was developed covering key EHS program-level metrics and social responsibility parameters including employment practices, and auditors were deployed to evaluate 23 sites in 15 countries. Results were compiled into summary reports including findings, recommendations, and ratings (acceptable / marginal / unacceptable). Partners’ staff evaluated corrective / preventive action plans prepared by the sites to address audit findings and data gaps, and recommended appropriate intervals for audit follow-up.
Partners’ personnel were also retained to assist with EHS-related activities in preparation for management systems and ISO 14001 recertification audits at a site in New Jersey. This effort included review of and updates to the facility’s Aspect/Impact analysis, source inventories, policies, SOPs, training programs and emergency notification matrices. As part of this project, we helped the site establish an Internet-based information management system, which was organized and populated to parallel the technical areas and requirements enumerated in corporate sustainability practices guidance.
© Copyright 2018, Partners