CAD / GIS Operator/Technician/Specialist
Partners, a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying firm with offices across the Midwest & Northeast seeks a Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) / Geographical Information System (GIS) Operator/Technician/Specialist. The position will be based in one of Partners’ Northeast Ohio offices.
The CAD / GIS Operator/Technician/Specialist will be responsible for developing CAD drawings and GIS databases in support of our site/civil engineering, land surveying, and environmental practice groups. The general format is AutoCAD Civil 3D. This position also offers the opportunity to develop into its own practice and or service area. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers, surveyors, geologists, CAD engineers and other staff members.
General Project Types
- Residential/Commercial/Industrial Development,
- Storm Water Management Design,
- Site Mass Grading Plans,
- Public Water, Sewer and Roadway projects,
- Land Planning and Conceptual Layouts, and
- Public and Private Sector projects.
- Land Surveying
- American Land Title Association (ALTA) Surveys,
- General Boundary and Retracement Surveys,
- Topographic/Existing Conditions Surveys,
- Subdivision Platting,
- Construction Layout / As-Built, and
- Easement Exhibits.
- General Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Figures,
- General Phase II Environmental Investigation Drawing Sets,
- Remediation Plans and Exhibits, and
- Voluntary Action Program (VAP) drawing packages.
- Create accurate and precise drawings representing appropriate discipline and practice area,
- Aid in creating, maintaining and adhering to a company CAD/GIS Manual,
- Cross Train to all company areas in need of CAD/GIS Drawings,
- Improve and upgrade company CAD/GIS capabilities,
- Occasional field work to aid in the Surveying and Environmental Practice areas,
General Skills, Experience and Education
- Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience as a CAD/GIS Operator/Technician/Specialist,
- Advanced Education is preferred but not required,
- Experience with general electronic drafting and data management technology (AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS Archview, etc.),
- Understanding of .dwg, .pdf, .shp. .rst files, to include MS Word and Excel formats,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Attention to detail and understanding scopes of work, budgets, and directions, and
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Proactive and passionate advocate for the firm,
- Strong oral/written communication skills,
- Communicates clearly and effectively,
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics, and
- Strong work ethic, detail driven, well organized while fostering a positive work environment.
If you meet our requirements, please forward your resume to:
Director of Finance & Administration
31100 Solon Road, Suite G Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2018, Partners