Director of Site Assessment, Brownfields and Revitalization
Partners, a growing environmental, safety, engineering and surveying firm with offices in the Midwest & Northeast, seeks a corporate Director of Site Assessment, Brownfields and Revitalization for its Northeast Operations. In 2016, Partners acquired certain assets of Greystone Environmental and is looking to grow their presence in the market. The opportunity presented by this position includes a senior management role that is focused on the expansion of this practice area and leadership of the company. The position will be based in proximity to one of Partners’ New York offices (Syracuse or Albany) and will report to the VP of Environmental Services.
The Director of the Site Assessment, Brownfields and Revitalization practice area will establish, foster and maintain client relationships related to the investigation and cleanup of contaminated sites; as well as lead the practice area to meet client needs, provide technical competence and deliver project profitability. The responsibilities will include personnel management, senior level leadership, budget and proposal development, client interaction and management, business development, regulatory negotiation and interpretation, meeting sales objectives and cross selling all company services. The successful candidate will build upon the substantial presence of such work already occurring in the market but will have an already established book of existing relationships to build upon, with a focus on further developing the company’s skills and presence in the New York State Brownfield program. Proper licensing to conduct Brownfield work in New York is a must, with a preference for licenses in other states desired.
General Skills and Duties
- Create technically sound scopes of work and associated project budgets,
- Develop and manage project schedules,
- Sound project management skills,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Develop new business and clients,
- Demonstrated personnel management skills,
- Lead and grow a successful practice area,
- Work closely with other company disciplines,
- Maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge,
- Lead business planning and growth initiatives, and
- Work with banks, developers, manufacturers, lawyers, local municipalities and economic development professionals.
General Experience and Education
- BS or higher in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering or equivalent is required,
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the discipline,
- Experience in residential, commercial and industrial developments
- Experience with municipal and local governmental contracts,
- Technically sound with Risk Assessments (Human Health and Ecological),
- Maintain professional license necessary for New York State Brownfield program sign off and other states, as applicable,
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional markets,
- Client management experience,
- Staff and employee supervision experience,
- Senior level project management abilities, and
- Demonstrated ability to lead/grow a professional practice area.
- Proven business development capabilities,
- Industry leader technically,
- Strong oral/written communication skills,
- Proactive and passionate advocate for the firm,
- Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethics, and
- Capable personnel manager.
- Site Assessment, Brownfields and Revitalization: 10 years
If you meet our requirements, please forward your resume to:
31100 Solon Road, Suite G Solon, Ohio 44139
© Copyright 2018, Partners